NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Thursday morning is mostly dry and partly cloudy. A couple of showers moved through the southeast plains and west mountains, but have dissipated to just some sprinkles. Thursday will be dry until the early afternoon, and then storms will develop in the mountains and the low terrain of the eastern plains.
Story continues below:
- Business: San Mateo retail center getting revitalized with movie theater, restaurants
- Don’t Miss: City of Albuquerque opens affordable pet care clinic
- Education: Rio Rancho school board candidate defends email to parents
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 17 de Septiembre 2021
Storms will move south/southwest throughout the afternoon and evening, making their way through the plains and the Rio Grande Valley. Many storms will continue into Friday morning for areas south of I-40. Heavy rain is expected with these storms over the next couple of days. We will see an increased risk for flash flooding in southern New Mexico Friday and Saturday.