NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – The east winds are coming into Albuquerque strong this morning. Gusts up to around 45 mph will be possible through the morning, with lighter winds during the day up to around 25-30 mph. The stationary front is still hovering over the state.
Story continues below:
- Local: Health Alert issued for Albuquerque due to blowing dust
- Jobs: Job-seeking requirement for unemployment: How will it be enforced?
- Sports: Volcano Vista’s Natalia Chavez shot of a lifetime makes the national stage
- Education: State’s new program will help better prepare kids for kindergarten
- Debate: 1st Congressional District candidates Stansbury, Moores go head-to-head in debate
It is keeping western New Mexico dry and windy, with Red Flag Warnings this afternoon and evening, along with wind advisories. Winds will come in from the southwest, with 35 to 45 mph gusts this afternoon and evening. Eastern New Mexico will be cloudier, with drizzle and scattered rain showers through the afternoon. The Rio Grande Valley will be partly sunny and mild.