NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – A slight break in the widespread rain is on the way, but an increase in moisture and instability will lead to more storm chances through the weekend.
More rain is falling today across New Mexico as moisture streams in from the south. Another round of rain and storms is expected for some this afternoon, especially where there are breaks in the clouds. High pressure will move across the state Thursday and will put a slight cap on storms, limiting the coverage tomorrow afternoon.
Forecast Continues Below
- COVID: What is the delta plus variant?
- Trending: Social media personality stops in Albuquerque for food challenge
- Community: City releases draft operation plan for Gateway Center
- KRQE En Español: Miercoles 4 de Agosto 2021
- Crime: Police looking for man who robbed Albuquerque hotel, stole guest’s gun
A cold front will slide into the state Thursday night and will bring storms along the front through Friday morning across eastern New Mexico. This front will also bring even more moisture into the state for the weekend. This will produce more daily, afternoon showers and storms across New Mexico into next week as the monsoon moisture continues.