NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – More thunderstorms will develop Tuesday afternoon, mainly across the western half of New Mexico. There is a good chance for storms in the Albuquerque area this evening.
Forecast Continues Below
- COVID: What is the delta plus variant?
- Trending: Social media personality stops in Albuquerque for food challenge
- Community: City releases draft operation plan for Gateway Center
- KRQE En Español: Miercoles 4 de Agosto 2021
- Crime: Police looking for man who robbed Albuquerque hotel, stole guest’s gun
A more active afternoon is on tap for the western half of New Mexico Tuesday. Scattered storms will move southwest through the evening. Storms are likely in the Albuquerque metro after 4 pm. Afternoon shower and thunderstorms chances will be increasing into the end of the week as an easterly wave moves into the state. The best chance for rainfall across the western half of New Mexico will be Friday through the weekend. Most of eastern New Mexico will remain dry.
Once the easterly wave passes through the state by early next week, high pressure will redevelop over the southern Great Plains. This will set up a more classic monsoon pattern, keeping afternoon storm chances around, and bringing them a little farther east.