NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Monsoon rain and storms will continue all week long and into the holiday weekend.
A large area of light to moderate rain is falling across New Mexico. Rain will continue across the state through tonight. Another record cold afternoon is on the way across many locations too. We hang onto the moisture into Wednesday, but the upper-level dynamics are not quite as favorable. Regardless, scattered showers and storms will still be likely tomorrow, just not the coverage we are seeing today.
Forecast Continues Below
- COVID: What is the delta plus variant?
- Trending: Social media personality stops in Albuquerque for food challenge
- Community: City releases draft operation plan for Gateway Center
- KRQE En Español: Miercoles 4 de Agosto 2021
- Crime: Police looking for man who robbed Albuquerque hotel, stole guest’s gun
We dry out slightly on Thursday, which looks to be the quietest day this week as high pressure moves into the state. Starting Friday, rain chances will become more convective, meaning we will be seeing more thunderstorms than light rainfall. This pattern continues into the Fourth of July weekend with a modified monsoon pattern setting up.
Terms: By sending photos/video by email to ReportIt@krqe.com, I give KRQE News 13 / Nexstar full ownership of the information, images, videos and any other files submitted in this web form. I also certify that I am over 13 years of age.