NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Warmer weather continues Tuesday as the winds pick up. A weak cold front cools temperatures off slightly for the middle of the week.
Above-average temperatures returned this afternoon across New Mexico with lighter winds, however, the winds will return for Tuesday afternoon, especially areas around Clines Corners where winds could gust up to 50 mph. Temperatures will be even warmer on Tuesday.
A storm system passes to our north on Tuesday, sweeping a cold front across the state by Tuesday evening. This will cool temperatures off only slightly for Wednesday as the winds die down by Wednesday morning. Little to no moisture is expected, with only a chance for very light snow across the northern mountains near the Colorado border.
Temperatures rebound again Thursday and Friday, however, there will be another storm system moving into the state on Saturday. This one may actually bring better chances for snowfall across the northern and eastern parts of the state, but there are still many forecast uncertainties with this storm.
- Clovis pharmacy moving vaccine efforts to unused grocery store
- New Mexico State Police closing intersections near the capitol building
- The Mexican Grey Wolf Count going on in Arizona and New Mexico
- Lawmakers seek amendment to ensure ‘environmental rights’
- NMPED secretary looks to expand in-person learning eligibility for schools in spring semester