NEW MEXICO (KRQE) -A cold front moved through Southern Colorado and New Mexico yesterday, and we are feeling it this morning. Temperatures are below freezing for most of the state, with teens in the northwest, and low thirties in southern New Mexico. Put on the warm layers this morning! Today, high pressure will move over the southwest, meaning it will be a dry, sunny day with near-normal temperatures in the 40s, 50s, and 60s. Thanksgiving Day will be a bit breezier, mainly in eastern NM, but otherwise, it will be sunny, and temperatures will warm a couple of degrees.
On Friday, the next system will arrive, bringing snow, mix and rain. The timing is still a bit questionable, but the snow looks like it will start Friday morning for western New Mexico, snow and rain for central New Mexico by the evening, and snow and rain for eastern NM overnight into Saturday morning. Snowfall totals will be low, less than three inches or so. Temperatures will drop as this system moves in, and stay chilly for the weekend.
Latest New Mexico News:
- New Mexico was first in the nation to launch website for COVID-19 vaccine registrations
- New Mexico lawmakers, industry leaders react to Pres. Biden’s moratorium on oil, gas lease
- NM House passes new rules for virtual legislative session
- NMSP arrest man involved in double fatal pedestrian hit-and-run
- Report: Approximately 12,462 Santa Fe households received CARES Act funding