NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – This morning is frigid, with temperatures in the single digits, teens, and 20s for all. A light breeze will make it feel even colder, so be sure to dress warm! High pressure will build over the west today, keeping the weather sunny, dry, calmer, and warmer. This afternoon, temperatures will be five to fifteen degrees warmer than yesterday. The warm-up continues into the weekend and even the middle of next week. Above-average temps are expected with mostly 40s, 50s, and 60s in New Mexico and southern Colorado. Clouds will increase in southern New Mexico on Saturday, as a low-pressure system passes to our south, but precipitation should stay south, in Texas. Clouds will clear on Sunday. The next weather maker may arrive next Thursday through the weekend.
Latest New Mexico News:
- Tucumcari Police search for 2 runaway juveniles
- Creating a lifeline: Student musicians from around New Mexico perform in virtual festival
- CNM to offer new programs for fall 2021 semester
- New legislation would drive government contracting dollars to New Mexico businesses
- UNM nationally recognized for 3 online programs