NEW MEXICO (KRQE) –A drier and warmer weather pattern is setting up, but afternoon storms are still likely in eastern New Mexico.
Severe storms will be possible in southeastern New Mexico late this afternoon through the evening. The rest of New Mexico will see warmer and drier weather. This trend will continue through the upcoming weekend as a weak ridge of high pressure builds in on Tuesday, and a southwesterly jet stream moves in late this week.
Story continues below:
- New Mexico: Gov issues executive order urging state to consider fireworks ban
- Community: Evacuations lifted near Laguna Pueblo after train derailment
- COVID Relief: June 15 is deadline for small businesses to apply for LEDA Grants
- Education: APS looking to fill hundreds of position ahead of school year
- Government: Albuquerque remains undecided on Oñate statue’s future one year later
Southwesterly surface winds push moisture out out of eastern New Mexico, and also bring in the warmest weather of the year by late weekend and for the weekend.