NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Afternoon storm chances continue this week, especially for areas along and west of the central mountain chain. This active monsoon continues to remain active for the next several days, especially across the western half of New Mexico. There is a good chance for scattered storms along and west of the central mountain chain today. Some drier air begins to move into the eastern half of the state, and that will limit the chance for rain through the end of the week.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Jueves 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
An easterly wave, bringing additional moisture and added lift, with a move into western New Mexico by Thursday. This will bring a slight increase in rain chances to those along and west of the Rio Grande Valley, along with the threat for isolated pockets of heavy rain.
Southerly moisture will increase this weekend, and that will bring an increase in rain chances statewide.