RED RIVER, N.M. (KRQE) – Clean-up continues in Red River on Thursday. The wind storm left hundreds of people in the area without power overnight. On Thursday morning, Kit Carson Electric was working to restore power lines and the internet.
- Thousands without power in northern New Mexico
- Taos County declares state of emergency after strong winds cause damage
- Winds tear down historic tree in front of Santa Fe cathedral
- Powerful winds cause problems in some parts of New Mexico
- PHOTOS: Storm leaves downed trees, flipped aircraft’s, damage across New Mexico
- Power restored in Los Alamos after wind damage
- Power restored after outage affects over 2K in Santa Fe
Meanwhile, the town continues cleaning up downed trees and damage left behind from the strong winds. “It’s going to take a week or two to get back to normal we have just a lot of cleanup to do… getting these trees up and out of here and making sure the roads are back open, have been the bigger priorities,” said April Ralph, director for Tourism and Economic Development.
A couple of cars did get crushed by trees and some of the building in Red River also suffered severe damage and Ralph say no injuries have been reported from the storm.