ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A motorcyclist is in critical condition following an early Sunday morning crash involving a truck. Officials say police responded around 2:30 a.m. to the intersection of Paseo del Norte and Coors.
Story continues below:
- Business: San Mateo retail center getting revitalized with movie theater, restaurants
- Don’t Miss: City of Albuquerque opens affordable pet care clinic
- Education: Rio Rancho school board candidate defends email to parents
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 17 de Septiembre 2021
Police say a 2003 Toyota sedan was traveling northbound on Coors and was making a left turn onto westbound Paseo del Norte on a green left-turn arrow. A motorcyclist was traveling southbound on Coors and failed to stop at a red traffic light at the Paseo intersection. The motorcyclist crashed into the right side of the sedan.
Officials say the motorcyclist was not wearing a helmet and sustained serious injuries. The motorcyclist was taken to the University of New Mexico Hospital in critical condition. The driver of the sedan had minor injuries and was also taken to the hospital.
An investigation is ongoing and it is unknown if speed or alcohol were factors on the part of the motorcyclist.