NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Construction on a major corridor in Eddy County is now complete. New Mexico Department of Transportation crews improved the surface along Highway 82 between Artesia and Maljamar, widening the lanes and shoulders, adding turn lanes and drainage.
Story continues below:
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- Web Extra: Behind the story: Colorado’s legal cannabis & the effect on teens
- Trending: Corrales residents say loud music from bar is carrying over to their neighborhood
- Crime: APD arrests suspect in string of armed robberies
- Don’t Miss: State extends indoor mask requirement
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 16 de Septiembre 2021
The highway is heavily used by oil and gas companies in Artesia, Lovington, Hobbs and the Permian Basin. The project took four years to complete and cost $60 million.