ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Albuquerque Police is investigating a crash that killed a pedestrian. Eastbound I-40 was closed Wednesday night between Carlisle and San Mateo while APD was on the scene. Roads are now open.
Story Continues Below
- Crime: Albuquerque man can avoid jail time by leading police to woman’s remains
- Albuquerque: Illegal roadside car lot in NW Albuquerque finally cleaned up
- Weather: Warmer and quieter weather returns Thursday
- New Mexico: Warrant reveals gun not thoroughly checked before movie set shooting; sheriff not ruling out charges
- Español: KRQE En Español: Miercoles 27 de Octubre 2021
Witnesses told police the man was throwing large rocks at vehicles then suddenly ran out onto the interstate. He was hit by several cars and died at the scene. He has not been identified. APD says there’s no evidence that excessive speed or alcohol are were factors for any of the drivers and no criminal charges are pending at this time.