NEW MEXICO (KRQE) The New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT) will be suspending a construction project on I-40 near Laguna for the Holiday weekend. NMDOT expected the project would cause delays on what is already the busiest travel day of the year.
Story continues below
- Crime: Thief with a sweet tooth causes a lot of damage to Albuquerque chocolate shop
- Holiday: Why Christmas trees will be more expensive, harder to find this season
- Weather: Weather goes downhill from Tuesday on
- Weird: Woman reportedly caught breastfeeding cat on Delta Airlines flight
- KRQE En Español: Lunes 6 de Diciembre 2021
The 5.5 mile construction project will be suspended from Wednesday, November 24, through Sunday, November 28. The project should be finished in mid-December, weather and temperature permitting, with additional project phases to be completed in the spring.