ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – All of I-40 Eastbound lanes near Sedillo Hill are reopened after seven semi-trucks were involved in a large crash early Wednesday morning. BCSO tweeted the crash happened around 3:13 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 2.
BCSO reports that 10 semi-trucks were involved in crashes since 2:30 a.m. and that two individuals were transported to the hospital with minor injuries. As of 11:20 a.m., the Sheriff’s Office says that the scene is still active and that there is no estimated time for the roads to open.
Traffic in the area was backed up for miles on I-40 eastbound heading to Tijeras Wednesday morning.
Latest Local News:
- City officials give public opportunity to meet police chief candidates Saturday
- PETA holds ‘Veganuary’ event promoting plant-based diet
- Albuquerque BioPark’s 20-year-old snow leopard dies
- Survey shows people are happy living in Albuquerque
- Bernalillo Co. Fire Dept. urges safety in winter weather conditions