ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Albuquerque Police Department is currently investigating a suspicious death at the west side shelter on the 7000 block of Jim McDowell Rd.
Officers found one male dead in a bunking pod Saturday. Fire rescue arrived and determined the man was beyond medical attention. Medical investigators determined the deceased had trauma to the head and the death is being considered suspicious.
A homicide callout has been initiated and detectives are conducting an investigation. Cause of death will be determined after an autopsy is performed. This is a developing story and News 13 will provide updates as they become available.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve