BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — There will not be a Minor League Baseball season in 2020.
The announcement by the MiLB was made Tuesday after Major League Baseball informed them that they would not be providing affiliated players this year. MiLB decided to cancel the season as a result.
“These are unprecedented times for our country and our organization as this is the first time in our history that we’ve had a summer without Minor League Baseball played,” said MiLB President and CEO Pat O’Conner. “While this is a sad day for many, this announcement removes the uncertainty surrounding the 2020 season and allows our teams to begin planning for an exciting 2021 season of affordable family entertainment.”
- Jon Jones takes part in ‘IncredAble Adaptive MMA’ youth program
- Stimulus check latest: Biden urges Senate Democrats to rally behind $1.9T COVID-19 bill
- APS board continues with finalist interviews for superintendent position
- Gov. Lujan Grisham says allegations against Gov. Andrew Cuomo need to be taken seriously
- Lobos guard LaTascya Duff is the MW Women’s Basketball Player of the Week