ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A University of New Mexico assistant men’s basketball coach has been arrested for aggravated DWI according to a criminal complaint, Brandon Mason was pulled over early Friday morning near Paseo and Louisiana after the deputy noticed him weaving and driving slowly.
He denied drinking alcohol but the deputy says he had bloodshot eyes and smelled of alcohol. The complaint says Mason refused to take a breath test. The UNM Athletic Department suspended Mason from his coaching duties.
- ‘Breath Taking’ exhibit opening soon at Santa Fe art museum
- Proposal to keep New Mexico on Daylight Saving time clears Senate
- Albuquerque family seeks answers after father was killed in hit and run
- Rental protection bill heads to the Senate
- Report ranks New Mexico 47 out of 50 on how kids are doing during pandemic