ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – His retirement is more like a holdout. UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones doesn’t sound like he is finished competing.
Jones told KRQE Sports that he was done fighting earlier this month. He now says he is holding out until fighters are compensated better for their work in the octagon.
“Just kind of holding out to get treated better,” said Jones. “The UFC, we’re not known to pay the most to the athletes. I’m trying to be a voice for a lot of the younger fighters, help bring awareness to the payment gap. So, I’m going to hold out for as long as possible and not fight at all until everyone in the UFC starts getting paid a little bit better.”
New Mexico Coronavirus Resources
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- Trendline Charts: New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- COVID-19 case by state, global statistics, maps
- COVID-19 Projections: when will coronavirus be over?
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- New Mexico’s Public Health Emergency Order
- Essential & Non-Essential Business Operations
- Phone numbers, websites to know during COVID-19
- Donate Blood
- Job changes due to coronavirus – Here’s what you need to know
- Jobs: These businesses are looking to hire due to coronavirus
- How to help during coronavirus
- Resource for New Mexico Seniors
- New Mexico School Meal Sites