ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – New Mexico United came out with 1 point towards the standings on Saturday, in a 0-0 draw with El Paso. A win and 3-points was the finish this team wanted, but after going down a man in the 2nd half, Head Coach Troy Lesesne was happy with his team’s ability to keep El Paso off of the scoreboard.
Story continues below:
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- Web Extra: Behind the story: Colorado’s legal cannabis & the effect on teens
- Trending: Corrales residents say loud music from bar is carrying over to their neighborhood
- Crime: APD arrests suspect in string of armed robberies
- Don’t Miss: State extends indoor mask requirement
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 15 de Septiembre 2021
“A clean sheet on the night and that’s a good representation of what New Mexico United is about, that type of grit that we saw tonight, that was fantastic. The defensive effort tonight was incredible,” said Troy Lesesne.
NM United is now 6-6-3 on the season and with 21 points they currently sit in 3rd place in the Mountain Division. They will move on to play at the Tacoma Defiance on Sunday at 2:30 p.m.