ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Albuquerque Isotopes slugger, Taylor Motter, is the Triple-A West player of the week for July 26 to Aug. 1. Motter batted .450 for the week with four home runs 14 RBI and five walks.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Viernes 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
Motter has been one of the hottest hitters in all of Triple-A during the month of July. In 74 at-bats, he is number one in total bases with 79. His 15 home runs in the month is also a league-best along with his 35 RBI. “I had a guy growing up that really took me under his wing,” said Motter. “He was a pro guy. He was with me through high school. This past year was really big. This offseason I just worked my butt off with a couple of guys around the area where I’m at in Tampa. Everything just finally kind of clicked a little bit and it’s just gone from there.”