PORTALES, N.M. (KRQE) – Eastern New Mexico University announced on Thursday that the school is bringing back the men’s soccer program.
Story continues below
- Crime: Santa Fe County deputies take large amount of fentanyl off streets
- Albuquerque: Lawsuit alleges CYFD cover-up over 4-year-old’s death
- KRQE Investigates: “Take down, take down:” An inside look at catching shoplifters
- New Mexico: Socorro animal shelter looking for info after dog left outside of facility
- KRQE En Español: Jueves 26 de Mayo 2022
“We are incredibly thankful to our Board of Regents for their support in bringing men’s soccer back to Eastern,” said ENMU Director of Athletics, Dr. Paul Weir in a news release. “To be the only NCAA men’s soccer program in New Mexico will provide our wonderful institution the opportunity to serve the students of this great state and beyond. Our efforts will commence immediately to recruit the best team members we can to carry this torch forward.”
The Greyhounds will be back on the pitch in the fall of 2022. ENMU has been without a program since 2019 due to budget concerns and Title IX compliance during COVID-19.