ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Santa Fe Little League will have a representative in this year’s Junior League Softball Southwest Regional Championship. The Santa Fe Little All-Stars beat Shreveport, Louisiana, on Sunday to punch their ticket to the semifinal game, and then they beat Texas West to punch their ticket to Monday’s Championship.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: Video: Fight between two groups turns deadly in Albuquerque
- Top Story: Car drives through parade in Gallup; injuries now confirmed
- New Mexico: Bureau of Land Management asks for feedback on wild horse gather plan
- Crime: Deadly robbery suspect takes plea deal
- KRQE En Español: Jueves 4 de Agosto 2022
Santa Fe beat Louisiana in 5 innings in their first game, 15-3. Head Coach Maria Cedillo was proud of her team after that win. “It’s not often we see New Mexico, especially New Mexico Softball, get this far. So, I am blessed as their coach and extremely proud as well.” Cedillo said. “They have overcome a lot of adversity. You know, we are from Northern New Mexico, and Northern New Mexico isn’t supposed to have good softball, and we are hoping to start a new trend.”
They continued the trend on Sunday, beating Texas West in the semifinals, 5-3. Santa Fe will now play Columbus, TX, for the Southwest Regional Championship on Monday at 9 a.m; that game will be played in Albuquerque, at Roadrunner Little League.