LAS CRUCES, N.M. (KRQE) – It was an emotional homecoming night at Organ Mountain in Las Cruces as the team captain, seriously injured in a recent game, was named king. Abraham Romero’s mother Elizabeth Alonzo, accepted the honor on her son’s behalf during Thursday night’s game in Las Cruces.
Story continues below:
- Albuquerque: Report finds CYFD repeat maltreatment of kids among worst in nation
- KRQE En Español: Martes 27 de Septiembre 2022
- Crime: Trial begins for MDC officers charged in inmate death
- Business: “It’s a daily issue”: Restaurant says homeless are taking over outdoor patio
- New Mexico: Socorro family files lawsuit after son dies doing TikTok challenge
Romero has been in a medically induced coma since he collapsed during a game against Deming three weeks ago. Romero remains in critical condition.