ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The community gathered at North Domingo Baca Park Saturday to welcome home local Olympic Skateboarder Mariah Duran. In honor of Duran’s return, Mayor Tim Keller declared it Mariah Duran Day in Albuquerque.
Story continues below
- Crime: Man tries to evade police by changing outfits
- Albuquerque: Albuquerque neighbors fed up with illegal roadside car lot
- Weather: Gorgeous weather to end the work week
- New Mexico: NM one of few landlocked states with reported shark attack
- Español: KRQE En Español: Miercoles 20 de Octubre 2021
The free event featured food trucks, live music, and lots of skating. Duran was seen talking one-on-one with fans and signing autographs. She also gave one fan one of her own skateboards and thanked her hometown. “Thank you guys so much, Albuquerque represent. I’m just here to represent Albuquerque, USA. Thank you, everybody,” Duran said.
Saturday’s event was hosted by the city of Albuquerque’s Parks and Recreation Department.