ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The community gathered at North Domingo Baca Park Saturday to welcome home local Olympic Skateboarder Mariah Duran. In honor of Duran’s return, Mayor Tim Keller declared it Mariah Duran Day in Albuquerque.
Story continues below:
- Education: UNM launching program that prepares people to work in marijuana industry
- New Mexico News: Texas murder suspect spotted in Chaves County
- Crime: Body found east of Route 66 Casino Saturday night
- Business: M’tucci’s planning to renovate iconic Albuquerque building
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Lunes 27 de Septiembre 2021
The free event featured food trucks, live music, and lots of skating. Duran was seen talking one-on-one with fans and signing autographs. She also gave one fan one of her own skateboards and thanked her hometown. “Thank you guys so much, Albuquerque represent. I’m just here to represent Albuquerque, USA. Thank you, everybody,” Duran said.
Saturday’s event was hosted by the city of Albuquerque’s Parks and Recreation Department.