ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – New Mexico State men’s basketball will tip off their season on Friday against Arizona Christian University. NMSU relocated to Phoenix, Arizona last week and the team is now preparing to start their season.
Depth will be an issue for this team in 2020 but coach Chris Jans says that his older guys are stepping up and that the team has a positive mindset coming into the year. “The returnees have been great, you know, they get it and they are doing a good job of trying to pull people along to get them to the other side if you will. But, their attitudes have been awesome and our energy and our talk has [sic] been really really good,” said Jans. NMSU will play Arizona Christian on Friday at 4 p.m.
Latest Local Sports News:
- Lobo men’s basketball succeeds with two new faces at point guard
- Angelo Leo is on weight and confident, ahead of his first World Title defense
- Sports Desk: A look back at Hank Aaron’s ties to Albuquerque
- USL Championship announces its 2021 season start dates
- Sports Desk: UNM men’s basketball snaps conference losing streak with win over San Jose State