ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Jackson and Wink trained MMA fighter Devin Clark will look for his third consecutive victory on Saturday night. Clark is taking on Anthony Smith, on the main card of UFC Fight Night. Clark feels ready for this bout but says that this fight camp has been one of the toughest in his career.
“Prior to the camp my mother-in-law has been in hospice and my wife and daughter, they are back in South Dakota; My family is back in South Dakota, and my mother-in-law ended up passing away on Friday. You know, it’s been a super difficult time, but it was my mother-in-law’s wish to continue to fight and stay strong for the family,” said Clark.
Clark will look to improve his 12-4 professional record on this UFC Fight Night event, which will be Saturday at 8 p.m. on ESPN 2.
Local Sports News
- Week 1 High School Football Games continued on Saturday in New Mexico
- Lobo Football holds a successful spring scrimmage on Saturday
- Ronnie Daniels is all in with MMA
- Sports Desk: Lobo women’s basketball wins Mountain West Regular season title
- NM little leagues, youth club sports left out of mix to resume competitive play