ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Jackson and Wink trained MMA fighter Devin Clark will look for his third consecutive victory on Saturday night. Clark is taking on Anthony Smith, on the main card of UFC Fight Night. Clark feels ready for this bout but says that this fight camp has been one of the toughest in his career.
“Prior to the camp my mother-in-law has been in hospice and my wife and daughter, they are back in South Dakota; My family is back in South Dakota, and my mother-in-law ended up passing away on Friday. You know, it’s been a super difficult time, but it was my mother-in-law’s wish to continue to fight and stay strong for the family,” said Clark.
Clark will look to improve his 12-4 professional record on this UFC Fight Night event, which will be Saturday at 8 p.m. on ESPN 2.
Local Sports News
- Lobo men’s basketball succeeds with two new faces at point guard
- Angelo Leo is on weight and confident, ahead of his first World Title defense
- Sports Desk: A look back at Hank Aaron’s ties to Albuquerque
- USL Championship announces its 2021 season start dates
- Sports Desk: UNM men’s basketball snaps conference losing streak with win over San Jose State