UFC Light Heavyweight champion Jon ‘Bones’ Jones says he’s getting back in the octagon in March.
However, it’s not the fight that he had promised after his latest win.
UFC President Dana White told TMZ Sports that Jones will defend his belt against Anthony Smith as the headliner of UFC 235 March 2 in Las Vegas.
That’s if he gets his license to fight in Nevada.
Jones will still have to file an application for licensure with the Nevada Athletic Commission and that is expected to happen next month.
According to the Los Angeles Times, the commission did not give him a license after a trace amount of a banned steroid metabolite was reportedly found in his system.
Jones reclaimed his belt in a victory over Alexander Gustafsson in California last week.
That fight was moved from Nevada.