ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Albuquerque MMA fighter, John Dodson garnered his first victory in over two years on Saturday night. Dodson beat Francisco Rivera by a unanimous decision in the main event of XMMA 4.
Story continues below
- Crime: APD: 2 in custody after standoff at northwest Albuquerque gas station
- Albuquerque: Lawsuit alleges CYFD cover-up over 4-year-old’s death
- KRQE Investigates: “Take down, take down:” An inside look at catching shoplifters
- New Mexico: Socorro animal shelter looking for info after dog left outside of facility
- KRQE En Español: Jueves 26 de Mayo 2022
Dodson had a great performance in this fight and improves his record to 22-13. XMMA currently doesn’t have a bantamweight champion and Dodson believes that he could be the right guy to take that title. “Look, I want to take on anyone, anytime, anywhere, and if they want to give me the title I am more than welcome to take it. I will fight anybody, John Sweeney looked amazing in his fight and if me and him could go in and have some fun. I would definitely put a “Hollywood” vs a “Magician” any day of the week,” said John Dodson.