ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Former Lobo men’s basketball player, Joe Furstinger is currently in Israel getting ready to begin to play in the Winners League. “The Winners League is a great league, there is great competition, great teams over here, NBA, ex-NBA players. I am excited to start up, I think our first game is in 22 or 23 days,” said Joe Furstinger.
Joe just signed a deal to play in Israel after his season in Poland was cut short. He says he has seen a lot of improvement in his game since he went to play overseas two years ago.
“I think that my game has improved a ton since I left UNM, both offensively and defensively. I mean, I really think that I could play at any level now, but the main thing that is probably the biggest change is that I have all the confidence in myself now that Coach Weir gave to me my senior year. That has helped out tremendously because I mean, I feel like I can do anything on the court now,” said Furstinger.
New Mexico Coronavirus Resources
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- Trendline Charts: New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- COVID-19 case by state, global statistics, maps
- COVID-19 Projections: when will coronavirus be over?
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- New Mexico’s Public Health Emergency Order
- Essential & Non-Essential Business Operations
- Phone numbers, websites to know during COVID-19
- Donate Blood
- Job changes due to coronavirus – Here’s what you need to know
- Jobs: These businesses are looking to hire due to coronavirus
- How to help during coronavirus
- Resource for New Mexico Seniors
- New Mexico School Meal Sites