ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Former UNM Men’s Basketball player, Anthony Mathis has signed his first professional basketball contract. It was made public on Twitter on Saturday, as Mathis is headed to Greece to play with Charilaos Trikoupis.
“Its super nice, you know, Its funny because maybe 3 or 4 days ago I didn’t know exactly what i was going to do. I was worried about the whole COVID thing, even if i was going to play next season and then my agent called me in the morning and told me that we had a really great deal that I don’t think we can pass up on. I got in contact with some of the people over there and I really liked the family orientation they have over there. Its going to be a great time you know, and obviously get to see a part of the world that I have never been to”, said Anthony Mathis
Mathis finished out his collegiate career at Oregon, where he averaged 8.5 points and shot 45.4% from the 3-point line.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve