ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The inaugural season in the Indoor Football League continues for the Duke City Gladiators, as they opened up their first IFL Playoff with a round one victory over the Iowa Barnstormers.
The final was 34-33 in Iowa Saturday night, and this game was down to the wire.
Story continues below:
- Crime: NMSP seek person of interest in Santa Rosa homicide
- Trending: Former state rep. Sheryl Williams Stapleton indicted on 28 charges
- National: Laundrie family attorney cancels press conference at FBI’s request
- New Mexico News: Hundreds of Indigenous women and girls remain missing, many in NM
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Lunes 20 de Septiembre 2021
DC trailed 33-27 with two seconds to play, but a little trickery would tie the game as WR Dello Davis threw a touchdown pass to Jared Elmore. A 33-yard PAT would clinch the victory for the DC Gladiators. This is a huge win for this franchise and they will now wait to see who they play in the second round.
Duke City will play the winner of Arizona and Massachusetts, who play on Sunday.