ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Lobo Football wrapped up day five of Fall Camp on Monday night. The Team was hard-hitting and seemed eager on Monday night, but while UNM Head Coach Danny Gonzales likes his team’s progression there is still some work to be done.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Jueves 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
“I am happy with the energy, I am happy with the effort. I think they acted a little tired towards the end tonight, which means we need to work harder during practice, but we have had a good start to camp. It’s the last days of shells today, tomorrow will be full pads. So, we will scrimmage a little bit and go live. We will see tomorrow and get a better evaluation of where we are at,”said Danny Gonzales.
Joey Noble is stepping up as a big leader on the defensive line, as this senior defensive end brings in experience, size, speed, and a willingness to learn. “Yeah definitely. I try to lead by example, just play hard, fast, and physical and just my attitude and effort towards everything and my want to. Just like Coach G says,” said Joey Noble.
UNM Football will have its first fully padded practice on Monday afternoon.