ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Lobo men’s basketball coach Richard Pitino has received his first commitment from the class of 2022. Shooting guard and forward Braden Appelhans has committed to New Mexico.
Story continues below:
- Education: UNM launching program that prepares people to work in marijuana industry
- New Mexico News: Texas murder suspect spotted in Chaves County
- Crime: Body found east of Route 66 Casino Saturday night
- Business: M’tucci’s planning to renovate iconic Albuquerque building
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Lunes 27 de Septiembre 2021
Appelhans is a three-star recruit who averaged over 14 points and over 3 rebounds per game for Blue Springs high school in Blue Springs, Missouri. He will play his senior season at Western Reserve in Hudson, Ohio. Appelhans had an official visit to New Mexico over the weekend with word of his commitment coming to light Monday.