DENVER (KDVR) — The Denver Broncos have lost inside linebacker and special teams stalwart Josey Jewell for the remainder of the season to a torn pectoral muscle in his chest. An MRI confirmed the injury on Monday morning.
Story Continues Below
- Crime: Albuquerque man can avoid jail time by leading police to woman’s remains
- Albuquerque: Illegal roadside car lot in NW Albuquerque finally cleaned up
- Weather: Warmer and quieter weather returns Thursday
- New Mexico: Warrant reveals gun not thoroughly checked before movie set shooting; sheriff not ruling out charges
- Español: KRQE En Español: Miercoles 27 de Octubre 2021
Second-year linebacker Justin Strnad is the next man up and will get the start this weekend at home against the Jets.
In his fourth season with the team, Jewell was off to his best start as a Bronco.
General Manager George Paton will have an interesting decision to make on Jewell, who’s in the last year of his rookie contract.