ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Week one of high school football in New Mexico wrapped up on Saturday across the state. Three games were played in Albuquerque on Saturday, and the biggest match-up in the Metro had to be Cibola vs. La Cueva.
Story continues below:
- Crime: Man arrested in Santa Rosa murder
- Trending: Former state rep. Sheryl Williams Stapleton indicted on 28 charges
- National: Laundrie family attorney cancels press conference at FBI’s request
- New Mexico News: Hundreds of Indigenous women and girls remain missing, many in NM
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Lunes 21 de Septiembre 2021
Cibola jumped out to an early lead, but La Cueva would run away with a 35-14 victory. Eldorado would also garner a big victory on Saturday as they beat West Mesa 28-0, and in the final match-up in Albuquerque, Hope Christian beat Portales 28-14.
Cleveland High School continued their winning ways on Saturday as well, as they beat Centennial in their season opener, 49-22.