NATIONAL (NEXSTAR) – Jon Gruden has no interest in playing forties. On the final offensive play of the Raiders season, Gruden could’ve got for 1 with 24 seconds left in regulation to send the game against the Broncos to overtime, but not this time and not during this season. The successful 2-point conversion led the Raiders to a spectacular come-from-behind win over the rival Denver Broncos.
The Raiders finish their first season in Las Vegas with an 8-8 record, but head into the off-season on a positive note. Darren Waller and Josh Jacobs are All-Pro and Derek Carr had one of his best season at quarterback. There are plenty of holes in the defense that need to be addressed in the off-season, including finding a new Defensive Coordinator.
Coach Gruden and many of the players shared their thoughts with the media after the game.
- Radulov, Pavelski 2 goals as Stars beat Preds 7-0 in opener
- Lobo men’s basketball succeeds with two new faces at point guard
- Angelo Leo is on weight and confident, ahead of his first World Title defense
- Short-handed Capitals beat Sabres 4-3 in SO in home opener
- No. 7 Michigan uses strong defense to rout Purdue 70-53