DENVER (KDVR) — The family of a lifelong Denver Broncos fan is hoping to give him their loved one just one final present. Jim Blake, 70, has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. He says doctors told him he may only have six months to live.
Story Continues Below
- Crime: Albuquerque man can avoid jail time by leading police to woman’s remains
- Albuquerque: Illegal roadside car lot in NW Albuquerque finally cleaned up
- Weather: Staying windy and cooler Wednesday
- New Mexico: Sierra County Sheriff: Hot Springs High School hazing incident was assault
- Español: KRQE En Español: Martes 26 de Octubre 2021
His son, Jesse, is in the process of trying to find two accessible seats to the next Broncos home game against the Las Vegas Raiders.
Jesse said he has had initial talks with Empower Field at Mile High representatives about finding two seats to purchase. “The Raiders game — that would be the ultimate,” the senior Blake said. “That’s where we’re at, ‘cause I hate the Raiders!”
For now, the family and Broncos Country are praying for Jim Blake. “You have to keep a positive attitude with this,” he said. “Try to put on a smile every morning and get on with the day.”