NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – At this point in the election cycle, some New Mexicans have likely seen hours of attack ads aimed at candidates in the big races. On Tuesday, New Mexican voters will pick their choice for the office of the governor, the attorney general, dozens of representatives in the state’s legislature, and who will go to Congress among a lot of other races.
Races and candidates aside, this week on the New Mexico News Podcast, Chris and Gabby are taking a closer look at the dynamics of this election. What’s voter turnout looking like? What’s the impact of all of this political advertising, if any?
KRQE News 13’s Investigative Data Reporter Curtis Segarra joins the podcast this week to discuss a myriad of political topics, including the results of a recent KRQE News 13, Emerson College poll which looked at the top issues among voters and the governor’s race. Also, listen in for a recap on President Joe Biden’s recent visit to Albuquerque and what the Republicans had to say about the visit.
Stick with KRQE.com on Tuesday for election results throughout the evening. Chris will be livestreaming results alongside Curtis after the polls close. The livestream is expected to start around 7:30 p.m.
We also mentioned Curtis’ election fact-check pieces in this episode. Here are links to all of the write-ups.
Story continues below:
- Fact Check: Ronchetti’s ‘final pitch to voters’
- Fact Check: Lujan Grisham’s record on the economy
- Fact Check: Did the Governor early release a convicted criminal twice before a murder?
- Fact Check: Ad claims Ronchetti would cut funding to police, healthcare, and education
- Fact Check: Ronchetti cites Governor’s misconduct allegations
- Fact Check: Lujan Grisham’s record on public safety funding
- Fact Check: Ronchetti touts education plan, does Lujan Grisham have one?
- Fact Check: Businesses claim help from Lujan Grisham
- Fact Check: Mark Ronchetti’s ad on fentanyl and released prisoners
- Fact Check: Lujan Grisham’s ad on Ronchetti crime ads, kids & education
- Fact Check: Ronchetti’s ‘let voters decide’ abortion ad
- Fact Check: Did Lujan Grisham save thousands of lives?
- Fact Check: Ronchetti’s personal crime ad
Download new episodes of the New Mexico News Podcast every Tuesday, starting around 5:30 a.m., Mountain time. Episodes are available on most podcast platforms including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, and Podbean among many others.
Having trouble finding the show? Try searching your favorite podcast player with the term “KRQE News” or “New Mexico News Podcast” (without the quotes). You can also use the links above to find the podcast on each respective service, or listen to the audio player at the top of this post.