ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Albuquerque Metropolitan Arroyo Flood Control Authority’s tumbleweed snowman made its debut for the 2020 holiday season on Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020. This year, the snowman featured a facemask.
The snowman is put up every year by the AMAFCA and is perched along I-40. The tradition began back in 1995, making this year the 25th anniversary of the snowman.
Latest Local News:
- City officials give public opportunity to meet police chief candidates Saturday
- PETA holds ‘Veganuary’ event promoting plant-based diet
- Albuquerque BioPark’s 20-year-old snow leopard dies
- Survey shows people are happy living in Albuquerque
- Bernalillo Co. Fire Dept. urges safety in winter weather conditions