WORLD (KRQE) – Across the world people are celebrating the end of 2020. Australia is one of the first nations to ring in the new year due to it’s proximity to the International Date Line.
The celebrations come as restrictions are put in place to prevent the spread of the coronavirus and crowds are limited and face masks must be worn. The Associated Press reports that in past years, around one million people crowded Sydney, Australia’s harbor to watch fireworks on the Sydney Harbor Bridge.
However, this year, authorities urge residents to stay home with many watching the celebrations on televisions.
- Rio Rancho hosting it’s first fall festival on Saturday
- Film director calls for change following fatal prop gun accident
- Investigation underway for fatal movie set shooting, 911 calls released
- What’s happening around New Mexico October 22 – October 28
- VIDEO: Dog slammed by animal control officer, community outraged