NEW MEXICO (KRQE) -The lightning-caused Trementina Canyon Fire started on July 13, 2020, and is located six miles north of Tremintina, New Mexico in San Miguel County.
- Start Date: July 13, 2020 | Final Update July 23, 2020
- Location: 6 miles north of Trementina, San Miguel County
- Evacuations: No
- Containment: 80%
- Cause: Lightning
- Size: 825 acres
- Structures Threatened: No
- Structures Burned: None
- Total Personnel: 37
- Area Vegetation: Pinon-juniper grass
- Smoke: Surrounding areas
- Ownerships: State and private
- Closures: None
The Trementina Canyon Fire is not threatening any structures and there are no evacuations at this time. Fire officials report calm winds and cooler temperatures are keeping fire activity to a minimum. On Wednesday, July 22 firefighters are mopping up hotspots on the north side of the fire and continue with rehabilitation.