NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – The Paradise Loop Fire began Saturday, April 24 around 3:30 p.m. It’s located west of Moriarty and southeast of Edgewood off Highway 66 and Vigil Road in Torrance County.
- Start Date: April 24, 2021; 3:30 p.m. | Final Update April 26, 2021
- Location: SE of Edgewood, West of Moriarty, NM
- Containment: 85%
- Size: 52 acres
- Structures Threatened: No
- Structures Burned: 3 outbuildings
- Evacuations: No, evacuations lifted
- Cause: Burning debris
- Total Personnel: Torrance County, Santa Fe County, Moriarty, and the Forestry Division
- Area Vegetation: Grass, brush, pinon/juniper
- Ownership(s): Private and state
As of Sunday afternoon, evacuations for the area have been lifted. The cause of the fire was determined to from burning debris. Structures are no longer threatened.
On Monday, firefighters are continuing to work toward full containment on the fire and are preparing for strong winds in the area.