NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – According to Bernalillo County Fire, the Oak Flats Area is 100% contained. US Forestry Units are will be on scene looking for any hot spots. The fire which stared Wednesday, is under investigation. Bernalillo County Fire is asking residents to remain vigilant with no open burning as Wildfire threat is high.
- Start Date: April 7, 2021
- Location: Oak Flat area of the Sandia Ranger District, off Forest Service Road 602 on the Cibola National Forest.
- Containment: N/A
- Size: about 1 acre
- Structures Threatened: N/A
- Structures Burned: N/A
- Evacuations: N/A
- Cause: Under investigation
- Total Personnel: 2 Forest Service engines, 2 Bernalillo County engines and misc. overhead.
- Fuel Type: Pinyon, Juniper and Ponderosa Pine
According to fire officials, the smoke was visible within a 10-15 mile radius of the Oak Flat Fire.