The San Mateo, Datil and Magdalena Mountain ranges have been upgraded to Stage II fire restrictions.
Beginning May 25, the Magdalena Ranger District has implemented restrictions that will prohibit the following:
- building or using a fire, campfire, or stove
- using any type of explosives, fireworks
- using a combustion engine without a spark arresting device
- the use of any open flame
- using a vehicle off of National Forest roads
- discharging a firearm
A detailed list of full Stage II fire restrictions can be seen here.