BELEN, N.M. (KRQE) – The Big Hole Fire started in the bosque April 11 near Belen. As of Sunday, April 24, the fire had burned about 890 acres and is now considered 100% contained.
The Valencia County Fire Department says 19 structures were damaged and destroyed in the wildfire. According to VCFD only one structure was a residence, the rest were outbuildings (sheds, barns, etc).
- Start Date: April 11, 2022.
- Location: Belen bosque, north of River Road
- Containment: 100% contained.
- Size: 890 acres
- Structures Threatened: Yes
- Structures Burned: 19 structures (1 residence, 18 outbuildings)
- Evacuations: No evacuations
- Cause: Unknown
- Total Personnel: 24
- Area Vegetation: Bosque
- Ownership(s): State and private
Sky News 13 flies over Big Hole fire April 12