NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – The Cox Canyon Fire was reported to be burning near the New Mexico and Colorado state line north of Aztec. The fire started on Saturday, July 4, 2020, according to the San Juan County Fire Department.
Cox Canyon Fire
- Location: Cox Canyon, north of Aztec, New Mexico
- Containment: 100%
- Size: ~130 acres
- Structures Threatened: None
- Structures Burned: None
- Evacuations: None
- Cause: Under investigation
- Total Personnel: 60 personnel
- Area Vegetation: n/a
- Ownership: Bureau of Land Management-New Mexico
The San Juan County Fire Department last provided an update on Sunday, July 5 stating the fire was around 130 acres with a better mapping of the blaze estimated to be released. A spokeswoman with the Bureau of Land Management told the Durango Herald that the fire was considered to be contained as of Sunday afternoon, however, that situation could change overnight.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- Trendline Charts: New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day